History of Clark’s Chapel Cemetery
Clark’s Chapel Cemetery was established in 1894. In approximately 1957 Glen West, Sr. of West Funeral Home took over operations of the cemetery. It sits in front of Clark’s Chapel United Methodist Church, and is not affiliated with the church or church cemetery. In 1985 his grandson and wife, Gary & Vicki West assumed the operations and had funds set aside with the North Carolina Cemetery Commission so that the cemetery could become a perpetual care cemetery.